Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Latest...

Well everything is the same as it always is, nothing exciting going on. A few weeks ago I broke my foot and I had to wear this annoying walking boot. It was nice that I didn't have crutches but the boot was a little annoying. I didn't get a picture of me wearing it but here is one I found online...Luckily my pant leg fit over it because it is not pretty...


Other than that I have not done anything. I did however cook some good ( well at least I thought so) weight watchers friendly food....

"Fried" Onion Rings

3 sprays- olive oil cooking spray
1/4 cup- all purpose flour
1/4 tsp - garlic powder
1/8 tsp- dry mustard
1/4 tsp- salt
2 large onions cut in 1/4 in rings
1/2 cup - buttermilk
1 cup- bread crumbs

1- Pre heat oven to 400, coat large cooking sheet with cooking spray.
2- In a large bowl combine four, garlic powder, dry mustard, and salt. Add onions, Toss to coat.
3- Pour buttermilk into another large bowl, Add onions, toss to coat. ( using your hands work best)
4- Put breadcrumbs in a large bowl ( i added some salt to the breadcrumbs for some more flavor) Add onions, toss to coat.
5- Transfer onions to baking sheet, spray with cooking spray.
6- Cook until golden brown about 35 min. Serve hot, yields 1/2 onion per serving. 4 points a serving.

Slaw of Attraction

One 16-oz. package cole slaw mix, dry (or 6 cups shredded cabbage mixed with 1 cup shredded carrots)
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
2 1/2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1 tsp. Dijonnaise
2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt (like Lawry's)
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
To make dressing, combine mayo, sour cream, rice vinegar, Dijonnaise, sweetener, and seasoned salt. Mix well. Place cole slaw mix in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir until all of the slaw is thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. (For best flavor, make slaw the night before you plan to serve it.) Then just give it a good stir, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy! MAKES 6 SERVINGS
( serving size 2/3 cup, 1 point per serving)

I also made really yummy open face philly cheese sandwiches and a reuben casserole but I don't have the recipe out right now so I will post those when I get home.


4 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

i knew what a stupid boot looks like...i wanted to see YOU in a boot...

Jessie said...

okay okay......her is the truth. I have HUGE HUGE HUGE legs so the boot was to small to close all the way... So I will not post a picture of me in the boot because it just shows how fat my leg is.. So deal with it.. I can't please you! Your horrible!!!

Katy Wilson said...

no *you're* horrible...at spelling

Jessie said...

Hey, It was a simple typo. You have made spelling errors before.