Friday, September 16, 2011

Killerpillar!



I am back working at the school this yea, I am in the all day Pre-K class. Right now we are in the middle of learning about caterpillars and how they turn into butterflies. All this week we had been reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar. The kids got to make there own hungry caterpillar, we had a circle for each day and then they clued a picture of the food the caterpillar ate that day. They also got to try the food themselves. Then we clued all the circles together to make a big caterpillar. On Monday the kids will tell there reading buddies about the book.

We also have five monarch caterpillars in the class room and we are going to watch them make there chrysalis. The kids have really enjoyed watching them eat through all the leaves and get bigger and bigger. I over heard one of the kids the other day call it a killerpillar, I can't stop calling them that now.

Tacy and I decided to go on a killerpillar hunt for a swallowtail caterpillar, but we had no luck but we did find, a big monarch and a tiny green one that will eventually turn into a moth.( lame)


Other than school, I don't have much going on in my life. I had a few Tupperware parties since I started selling but not a ton. Which is nice because I am so done with the day after school. I will try and post when I do fun things, but don't judge me If all I have to post is things that we are doing in pre-k. We are having big truck night coming up so maybe ill post about that.




3 comments:

Jessie said...

Cute new background!
Killerpillar hunting was a lot more fun then I initially thought it would be. Maybe we shall go again sometime, this time in search of the great tiger swallowtail in the paw paw trees!

tacy said...

CRAP!!!!!!! That is TACY not Jessie!

Katy Wilson said...

i swore i commented on this already!! we dont' have catipillars here in arizona..that's cause i live in hell. and there are no butterflies in hell.